Saturday, February 24, 2007

LORD OF THE FLIES

*What is the climax of this novel? what happens? how do the events of this novel make you feel?


Different aspects that Jack and Ralph had in mind brought big conflicts not only to them but also to the kids. Furthermore boys began to take sides. A boy named Simon knew about the monster, which lived next to a signal fire. Therefore he tried to tell the facts to the other boys that it was not a monster but it was the dead body of human. However the time that he came out from the forest it was too dark for other boys to notice that it was Simon. After all he was killed by them. After that accident Ralph brings the shell and attempt to say “I have the shell listen to me!” Nevertheless some boys in Jack's side killed the Ralph's companion, Piggy, and broke the shell as well. Ralph confused for his close friend's death. Plus he had no one advising him anymore. Ralph was scared. Jack thought with his group to get rid of Ralph. When Ralph realized that Jack was going to kill him he ran away to the safe region.
It made me to imagine that I was being in that situation and I could feel big tension. Also I felt like I to hide somewhere like Ralph had to hide from Jack. I thought this part was the climax of this book.
It made me feel sorry for the boys who were left in an uninhabited island without any guideline or any help from adults. They had to maintain their lives until they were rescued. Also I sympathetic for the fact that had to inevitably have variety of aspects to survive, which caused big problem between Jack and Ralph.

No comments: